My mission is to help children communicate with confidence.
My name is Margo Lepage. After over 30 years of developing the speech and language of children, I was inspired and excited to write a series of fun children’s books.
About the Author, Margo Lepage:
- worked in central and southern Alberta for over three decades as a speech-language pathologist.
- served the preschool and school population helping children with mild to profound speech and language delays.
- extensive experience with preschool to adult stutterers.
- co-taught within classrooms.
- provided in-services for speech-pathologists, assistants and teachers throughout her career.
- managed a busy private practice for the past 12 years.
The development of speech sounds and language skills is necessary for phonics/literacy development. Therefore, linking these three areas in a fun and dynamic way is important.
What Makes Lepage Learning Books Unique?
Our books are designed to be valuable resources for teachers, parents, assistants, and speech-language pathologists. Each book presents the target sound in a manner that focuses on building phonological awareness of the sound.
At the back of each book are lesson plans that target the development of:
Pragmatic language development is also targeted with suggested games to develop turn taking, waiting and sharing.
A social theme is also tied into each book and will stimulate good discussions.
The wonderful illustrations were done by my talented son, Kendrick. They are designed to capture the interest and imagination of children, especially those who enjoy playing video games.
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE – I am very excited that my first two books, The Boy and the Bear and The Penguin Parade, are out now.
I am grateful for the amazing support I have received. I am working on the next book in the series, and will have Tina and her Tiny Turtle available for you all soon.